Share |

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back from Retreat

Had a great time at the retreat. Just realized that the one thing we didn't do is take a group picture, just too busy I guess, lol.

First thing we did was make a little name band bracelet. I really like this, and plan to make several for Christmas presents. (Pay no attention to the hand with all the age spots!!!)


Next day we had the class with Edith Dyke. I only used 3 fabrics (wild ones!!) from my stash. It came out very nice I think. I worked on this most of the time.


The nine patch border was a pain to get attached. The center blocks were 9 patches that were cut and reassembled, cool huh?

Here's a picture of myself and my sister Patty.


We went shopping and I bought some stuff, but haven't taken pictures yet. Maybe in a couple of days, as today we are driving to Atlanta to pick up my son at the airport (actually the Chamblee Marta station) and he will be coming for a week.

I'm tired, but happy.

Later,
WilmaNC

5 COMMENT:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful quilt! Glad to hear you had a great time at retreat.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I had forgotten you went to retreat. When you don't take pic you must have been having FUN! Love the quilt.

Lucy said...

That quilt is so nice and I love your choice of colors. Congratulations on getting it all together.Thanks for sharring.

rvquilter said...

the bracelet looks really interesting....are instructions coming soon?

Sheila said...

Love your quilt using only 3 fabrics! Sounds like you had a good time at the quilting retreat :D