Share |

Saturday, July 16, 2011

We're home!!!

Where did the time go???? I really did plan to post every day, but you know how the best laid plans go, lol.

We had the best time, and really enjoyed exploring Southern California, and especially Yosemite. We like the San Diego area and are talking over possibly moving there someday, if my son's move ends up being a permanent one.

I have lots of pictures, but of course they are on my laptop, and have to be moved here for ease of use. I will definitely show you the good ones. But first, the yard and garden need taking care of. MIL had company here for 2 weeks while we were gone, but do you think anyone thought to mow the yard??? Of course not. So, a 3 week growth of grass, and weeds in the garden were waiting for us. Dave did a long cut with the riding mower yesterday, and I will mow the final cut today. Hopefully will come back later with more details of the trip.

Everyone MUST visit Yosemite. What an awesome place. We stayed at the west entrance, and hiked up the Dome trail (killer!!), but avoided most of the hordes of people that way. But on the way out we did stop in Yosemite Valley for the day to see all the usual sites not to be missed. El Capitan was awesome, as was Half Dome. But our view of Half Dome from the dome trail was WAY better!!

We were glad we saw the Grand Canyon first as it paled in comparison with Yosemite. I found that I am definitely NOT a desert person.

Here's one picture that I had emailed to myself.


It is us at an overlook with Half Dome in the background.

Later,
WilmaNC

9 COMMENT:

Sheila said...

Beautiful picture! California looks like a great place to visit. Thanks for sharing.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

You obviously had a great time, I loved the photos!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

OH can't wait to see more. Bless you for being able to do all that hiking.

Pokey said...

I'm glad you made it home safe, that is such along trip! I think every one should experience a road trip across our nation, though.
:-}pokey

Belinda said...

Wow! Great picture! I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing more!

Barbara Ann Beamer Jones said...

What a terrific picture and great memories - so glad you enjoyed your trip!

Lucy said...

So glad you are home safe and have so many memories of a great time.Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Welcome home! I will try to be patient about those photos :)

Carrie P. said...

I felt the same way about the Grand Canyon and Yosemite.
Yosemite was my favorite. I just wanted to stay there so much longer. What a difference in temperanture from when we went in May and when you went. We got some of the same pictures. I am glad you had a great time. thanks for sharing your photos too.