Share |

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Purses

I got on a purse making jag yesterday. I have so many pretty cheerful fabrics that I just felt like making something springlike, and it ended up being these purses. I made one a while back and did OK with the zipper, so thought I would try some more. I'm going to take these to the shop and see if they sell. They are on the small side, about 8 1/2 " wide, so I'm asking 15.00 for the zippered ones, and 10.00 for the other. None have linings, but the edges are zig zagged and look nice. If they sell, I might make some with linings and pockets. The kleenex holders I'm asking 3.00. Prices sound OK?


2 of them I just punted and kind of made up the pattern, but the 3rd I got from here. I made my fabric pieces differently though. Not sure if I like the zipper in the front. Next one I will put it on top, as I got enough for 4 purses from each piece of fabric.

Hey, if nothing else, I'm having fun!!

wilmaNC

6 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the bags - especially the one using the split 4-patch. I think you are spot-on (no pun with all the polka dots) with your prices. And like you say - at least you are having fun. Anything that doesn't sell - Christmas gifts!

Brandie said...

My Husband keeps telling me, "Take a chance and it's not like your life is dependent on a sale, so have fun". With this attitude, I've been surprised and grateful to sell anything. So just do it and you'll learn what works and what doesn't.

Myra said...

Great bags Wilma. I think your prices are more than okay.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I love the middle one - mind you I would snap up any of them if they for sale here at those prices! But I think we pay 4 x the price for fabric here :-(

Lucy said...

I love all three bags The patterns are different than any I've seen. I like the zipper there. The colors are great real spring like.

BubzRugz said...

The bags are lovely, and the colours so cheerful...
Thanks for your comment on my post on Sew We Quilt - good to hear when someone else has made a quilt in the same way and it worked for them.... the snacks... well, diet starts today!!
Hugz