Share |

Sunday, February 20, 2011

I'm a Local Craftsperson!!

 A small business opened in downtown Weaverville this past year in the old fire house. It's called Stacie's Home Care. In the front of the office they opened a small craft store , Stacie's Gifts,featuring local crafts people. The first time we went in to check it out the owner 
told us how it started and asked if we knew any folks who would want 
to show their stuff in the shop, and of course Dave pointed to me. So, 
I had to come up with a name for my stuff, and get together some 
things to sell. I am now Wilma's Little Quilts. A friend of mine made 
me a logo from a self portrait quilt I did a while back, so I also 
have business cards. WooHoo!! The manager gave me a small frame to to 
fill and place above my stuff, I've attached a picture. Think it looks 
OK?

I charge what I want for my quilts, and he takes 30%, no charge for 
space. The money he makes from sales he uses to help people who can't 
afford home care. Neat huh? The store is quite filled already with 
wood working, aroma therapy, knitting and other pretty things. He only 
has 2 vendors in each category, so I'm lucky to get in. Later this 
year there will be a bike shop and a Pub opening on either side of the 
shop, so business should be good. We'll see. I'm excited!!

Wish me luck. I think it will be fun.





I won the block lotto last month, and with my winnings, Benta sent me these cute scissor tags. What a neat idea. Don't you just love that the folks from the UK call batting, wadding? I like that better, lol. 




Go see her blog


Later,
WilmaNC



7 COMMENT:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Thank you for the name check :-). I never even thought that the scissor rags might need translation LOL, glad you managed to work out what they were for!

Congrats on the spot at the craft shop - very exciting!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations Wilma! How exciting and I love your business card. You need to show us your 'little shop' set-up in a post. The scissor fobs are so cute - and you never win anything.

Myra said...

I love your business card and the framed display. Wow! Now I can say "I knew you before you were famous". LOL I hope you make lots of money, sounds like a great little shop.

Pokey said...

What a great opportunity, Wilma, I'm hoping the best for you. Cute card, too. :-}pokey

Gari in AL said...

That's a great card! And how exciting. Retirement is working for you, isn't it?

Fabric Fanatic said...

Yay Wilma....that's terrific. I hope you do well in that shop and that they do well too.

Brandie said...

Good luck on your new adventure. I know you'll do great!