Share |

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Pretties

Have I said how much I like retirement?? Oh, I have?? Just wanted to make sure you knew, lol.

Had a nice birthday yesterday. We celebrated on Friday cause Dave had to work the weekend, but my sister, Roma, came over and brought me a little cake and a nice book called Word Play Quilts. Then I had a good outside walk and worked on some table runners. So it was a good day, especially since the sun was shining.

I pieced the July table runner from Cotton Way (it's from an older pattern series), which came out very nice. On Friday I had finished piecing the June runner, so now both need quilting. Then all I have left is the one for August and I am done with all 12!!! I love changing things monthly.

Here's June:



And July:



A couple of weeks ago I helped do inventory for Marti's Patchwork Cottage (her site is under construction) in Black Mountain. She paid me in store credit, which is FINE by me!! I went during her big sale and this is the fabric I got:


I just love it all. I don't usually like hearts but this fabric:


reminded me of a heart attack!! What do you think? Morbid?? I just couldn't pass it up.

Today I think I might try to get a quilt on the frame. I have several to do, might as well get busy.

Hope you all have a great day. And I hope the sun shines wherever you are!!

WilmaNC

6 COMMENT:

Myra said...

You have been busy! Pretty table runners - it is fun to be able to change things out monthly. Love the heart attack fabric. :o)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Snowball blocks are such a simple pattern, but the fabric can make them truly spectacular - love the fussy cuts. The 4th runner is a very neat design - I like that! Hmmm retired but the sign is out - "will work for fabric" - too funny. That heart fabric is just too different to pass up, but the one under it intriqued me.

Kim D. said...

Very pretty table runners and yummy fabrics.

Gari in AL said...

I knew you would love retirement. And, see, you are finding ways of still increasing your stash. What fun!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wilma - don't forget Paula' Challenge this week. You just might get lucky again.

Vesuviusmama said...

So glad retirement is agreeing with you. I'm sure it will agree with me too when the time finally comes.