Share |

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Last Shopping Spree??

Well, anyone who reads my blog must know by now that I am retiring from my nursing career in December. (I have 19 more shifts to work...). I have been trying to get all of the things that I want related to quilting now, while I have more disposable income. It's really getting close, and I have a feeling that today was my last hurrah, as for the rest of the year my thoughts will be on Christmas (gasp!!!) gifts.

So, in no specific order, I show you some pretty things I got today.

Pretty fabrics. I started with the rick rack, then just had to get most of the rest of the line.


I always wanted a pouncer, this is basically the same thing, but cheaper.



A little measuring tape for my granddaughter-in-law, Sarrah, who is the mother of my 2 great granddaughters, and who never has a measuring tape to measure the girls so I can make them things, lol.  The scissors were just cute.


A book I had never seen....


                                 And the plastic templates that go with it.


                                     A cute little bobbin storage device.



And last but not least....a gift from my sister. She works at a quilt shop and always finds the cool stuff as soon as it comes out. It's a zipper chatelaine. Neato!!! Thanks Roma!!!


So, I'm sure I will buy the occasional pieces of fabrics, cause I will definitely have a little quilting allowance, but probably no big splurges like the last couple of times.

I see lots of scrappy in my future.
Later,
WilmaNC

6 COMMENT:

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great shopping trip!!! Congrats on your almost retirement...my mom is a retired nurse. :)

You were so sweet to send me a message...I have just been taking a blogging break...I keep meaning to get back to posting but never seem to get around to it. The kids have been keeping me busy lately! Thanks so much for asking!!!

Gari in AL said...

Every once in a while, even in retirement, a splurge has to happen. Mine are usually on the sale tables and it is just as much fun.

pollyanna said...

What a great stash of things you bought! Great fabric, and fun bits and pieces of stuff! How fun is that :)

Roma said...

you are most welcome sister.

your fabric looks very pretty and inviting!!

enjoy your day.

Vesuviusmama said...

I think a scrappy future sounds marvelous!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Congratulations on the upcoming retirement!! Now that I'm retired, I'm finally able to spend more time quilting. As long as I can physically quilt, I'll find the money for fabrics and notions somewhere! ha!