Share |

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Shopping with My Sister

Had a great day yesterday going to the quilt shops in Johnson City, TN. It's only about 50 miles from here, and is a beautiful ride over the mountains.

We ate at Bob Evans  first to make sure we had enough energy to shop. Love their sausage gravy and biscuits, YUM!! The  we went to a store that is closing and moving to, of all places, Millersburg, Ohio!! Like they don't have enough quilt shops already. It's called Somewhere Sewing .  Everything was 30% off, and the Aurifil thread was $6.00 a spool. I bought 8 spools, lol. Can never have too much Aurifil thread, it's my favorite, and I use it for everything. I also bought a small piece of a pretty background fabric, and a goodie for a scavenger hunt I'm in. What was the other thing I purchased??? Oh yeah, it was a pantograph called bamboo.

Then we headed to Jonesborough TN. There are 2 quilt shops there. We first stopped at the Sewing Bee. It is a smallish shop, but the folks are friendly and I always find something that I want. I bought some pearl topped straight pins and 2 patterns, one for a child's apron, and another for a child's dress.  (I can't take pictures cause Dave has my camera with him for his road trip, lol.) They don't have a web site to send you.

The last store was Tennessee Quilts, one of my favorites!! I bought a kit for a child's quilt there.


It is so cute and the fabrics sweet. I always find something there too. Really neat store.

Fun Fun Fun. That's what Dave gets for leaving me home for 5 whole days, lol. So today I hope to sew quite a bit, I think my sister Roma is coming over for a while to sew also.

update: MIL has been pretty good so far. Kinda makes me feel guilty for complaining, KINDA.

Later,
WilmaNC

2 COMMENT:

quilter000 said...

Well I wish I was there to go with the both of you!!! I am glad you had afun day. Looks nice the quilt.
I am getting my stuff all packed for the week away. I have a lot of it stacked in the sewing area but want to go through it to be sure I have what I am suppose to take. I am really excited about this oen! Patty

Rose said...

Wish you had your camera till you could show us...but enjoyed hearing about it anyway. Glad things are not quite as bad as you expected with your MIL.