Share |

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Feeling Fallish

I have been under the weather for the past week. Somehow I got a nice case of bronchitis and it kicked my butt. I'm feeling better now, and actually did some sewing yesterday. Up until then all I could handle was a little handwork.

I wanted to make a couple of Halloween wallhangings for my grandsons. Quite some time ago, one of my friends from the Quilting Bee forum (then Quilting Passion) sent me a whole stack of Halloween 9 patches. They have been laying around for a few years and when discovered again, I decided to use them for the wall hangings. The first one I decided to do as a cut up 9 patch. The quilting pattern I used was a spider web pantograph. Looked really easy, NOT!! It was very hard to have the lines intersect where they should, but I think after I wash it, it will be less noticible.



The next one I am not cutting apart, just making a 9 patch wall hanging. I will quilt it the same, but it should look better since I have had some practice with the panto. The kids will like them anyway. 




I also saw a table runner on this site, Pleasant Home, and just had to try it. It is soo cute. No pattern, so mine is somewhat different, but basically the same. Hopefully I will get it layered and quilted this week. I plan to do straight line quilting only. (It looks crooked, but it's not, lol. I didn't get it smoothed out totally.)


And, finally, this has nothing to do with fall, here are some thimbles I got in a thimble swap. They are so cute. Not sure what I will do with them yet.



OH!!! Had to show you just one more picture. Looks fallish, and Halloweenish to me. It was taken on a hike at the Biltmore Estate. I thought it was the most beautiful dead thing I have ever seen, lol.


The weather is so nice and crisp today. Makes me feel happy. I think we will walk at the arboretum then go to the Western NC fair just to look around.

Later,
WilmaNC

2 COMMENT:

Roma said...

Love the fall themes.. I just wish this time of year were longer!
your quilting is great and not all spider webs are perfect.

Enjoy the fair and am glad you are feeling better.

Kim D. said...

Great fall wallhangings, I'm sure your G-kids will love them. I love that Pleasant Home blog, so cheerful isn't it? Your pumpkins are adorable, good job creating it. Sorry you've been under the weather, I'm glad you're feeling better.