Share |

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pin Cushion finished and ideas for the Basket Weave

Yay!! I finished the Giant Pin Cushion last evening, and let me assure you, it IS giant, lol. It was so fun to make. Thanks Vickie for the tutorial.
                                                                TOP


SIDE

And for a little perspective as to it's size:


I also think I have found what I want for the triangles and borders for the basket Weave quilt. Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions. What do you think of these? (The blue for the triangles).



I think it might work.

Later,
WilmaNC

5 COMMENT:

Unknown said...

i love that giant pincushion, more room for pins and needles.....i have a giant one that a blogging buddy sent me, wonderful, you did a great job, i'm horrible at making pincushions, i can't get them full enough or something

quilter000 said...

Wilma what a cute pincushion you made. I think it is 8 inches finished. Good job the quilt you are about to make is going to be pretty as well good colors. Quilter000

Myra said...

Fabulous pincushion! Great job.

Lucy said...

I like your pin cushion and it will come in handy for all the pins a quilter has. I like the material too.

Kim D. said...

Your pincushion is very cute. Your fabric for the basket weave quilts looks like it will be perfect. Love the blue fabric. Can't wait to see your quilt finished.