Share |

Friday, May 28, 2010

Fishing in the summertime

Dave has been trying to find an activity that he enjoys that he can carry into retirement. Mainly, I think he wants something to do while I am sewing, lol. Well, he has found it. Fishing!!! He bought a cheapie pole, and some other fishy stuff, and has been fishing everyday for the past week or so. There is a lake close to us called Lake Louise, in Weaverville. It is a really nice park, and only about 5 minutes away.


It is loaded with fish and is quiet and beautiful. So now when I am sewing and he gets bored watching me, he just heads down there. Win Win situation!!!

Now if he could just catch more fish, lol. He was fishing with a bobber and worms and caught this fish as his first.


The fish was smaller than the worm, lol. So now he has changed to a spinner and has had many more bites. I'm hoping for a nice relaxing summer, and some bigger fish to fry.

Later,
WilmaNC

3 COMMENT:

Sarah said...

It is great to have a hobby! For a while when I was first married, my husband had one and I didn't. He would always say that I needed a hobby. Now I have too many hobbies and not enough time! :)

Unknown said...

Way to go Dave! Everyone has to start somewhere... :0)

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I just found your blog through Quilter Blogs and when I saw Lake Louise, it made me take notice. My parents live in Weaverville and love to go walk around Lake Louise, so it is a small world!