Share |

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I want a Kindle, don't I?

For some reason I have had a hankering for a new piece of technology. I've been vacillating between an iPod Touch, and a Kindle. I already have an iPod, that I don't use too much, but I do read quite a bit. So I think it will be a Kindle. I looked into all the other brands and it seems they all have the same price tag. But  looks like Amazon has the largest inventory of books. So, if I decide to get one, a Kindle it will be.


Does anyone have one? Do you like it? Is it worth the trade off for $259.00 worth of fabric?

Later,
WilmaNC

5 COMMENT:

SandyQuilts said...

sorry I don't think so ... fabric is better. Now that the iPad is out maybe people will be selling their Kindle.

Lauren said...

Do you purchase books a lot normally? If so, the kindle would be worth it. You can buy the books cheaper on there. If you don't purchase books frequently now, don't spend your money on the kindle. You'll either use it to collect dust or spend more money loading it up with books.

I like the option of getting books from the library. Then have books AND fabric. :) Win-win!

Caroline said...

I have a Sony reader. The reason I chose that over the Kindle is because there are more *free* books for it. First of all, it can use an "open" (that is, non-DRM) format for books, called ePub. I can source books not only from the Sony store, but from other online e-book vendors, like Baen Books, Smashwords, etc. I can also get books through the library's e-book system (Overdrive). The Kindle may have access to Amazon's catalog, but it can't do all that.

Unknown said...

I truly enjoy my Kindle. My sister and I let each other know when a particular book is "free" because they are usually only free for a short time. I love being able to throw it in my bag and not worry that I've brought the wrong book. Other than my simple cell phone, it's the only other piece of portable technology I own. Oh, and my laptop :-)

quilter000 said...

Wilma a friend of mine has one and she loves it. But as some here have said you need to read alot.