Share |

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Gadget

I went to Hancock's the other day to get some stuff for a purse, and saw this on sale. What I really wanted was the scissors, but it came with this magnet strip where you can hang your scissors. Mine are usually strewn about, or underneath fabric on my cutting table, so this is working out really nice. It is a really strong magnet too. The red scissors are what came with it.


I made a couple of purses, but I still need to put the button and closure strip on, then I will post pictures.

I am so happy to have my blog list back. I'm sure I missed a few, but I did the best I could. I love checking everyone's work, lots of good ideas out there.

Oh, I am having my second great-grandchild, hopefully today. This one is by my middle grandson, Cody, and it a boy. Carter David. My husband, Dave, thinks they named the baby after him, lol. He's tickled. I have a quilt I made in 2006 that will be perfect for him. Wondering if I should remove the label and make another more personal for the baby? I can't wait to get pictures.

Later,
WilmaNC

4 COMMENT:

Carrie P. said...

I had seen one of those gadgets at Ikea and it was used for knives. But it works great for scissors too. I am always covering mine up with something.

Myra said...

Now that is a neat gadget. I could use one of those.

quilter000 said...

Congrats on the new Grand baby boy.
The magnet is cool too.

Expressions by Heather said...

What a great idea! At one of the places we rented years ago, there was a magnet strip in the kitchen for storing knives. I may just have to look around for something for my scissors though- I am FOREVER losing them!