Share |

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Birds for Baby

I saw this birdie quilt in McCall's Quilting and just had to make it for my soon to be here great granddaughter. It is such a sweet quilt!! I hand appliques the bodies and wings, and machine appliqued the beaks and legs. It is quilted in an all over meander.






The weather here was beautiful today. Dave and I played golf for the first time this year, and we did remarkably well. I miss summer so much as we always hike one day and play golf one day, and the rest I get to sew while he works in the garden. It will be here soon, but this was a really nice preview.


More later,


8 COMMENT:

SandyQuilts said...

Oh Wilma the birdie quilt is adorable. AND congrats on your soon to be GGD

Anna said...

Love your birdie quilt. I have the magazine and think I will try it next.It was a beautiful day in eastern NC too.

Crispy said...

Oh I'm so jealous....I've been dying to go golfing but the course is still white :o(

Bob has been practicing his swing (no club) in the living room. I keep teasing him that it looks like a classic baseball swing LOL.

Crispy

Kim D. said...

The birdie quilt is adorable Wilma. I have the magazine also and thought about making one sometime. Birds seem to be the rage it seems from wallpaper to clothing.

Sarah said...

That quilt is just adorable....LOVE it!

Carrie P. said...

I saw those birds too. So cute and your quilt turned out very cute too.

Within A Quarter Inch said...

Yup - you picked the best quilt of that issue! I love it:)

Katie said...

That is just the cutest quilt! What issue is it in?