Share |

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Panthertown Valley Hike

We had an awesome day yesterday!!! It was sunny and mostly warm so we took off and went south towards Lake Toxaway in NC and hiked at Panthertown Valley Wilderness area. It's a beautiful area with lots of trails, although none of the trails are blazed. We had to use a map. Kinda scary, but we sometimes made little arrows out of sticks to make sure we could find our way back, lol. We hiked a total of 6 miles, seemed like it was mostly uphill, but was probably about half and half. All I know is I'm feeling it this morning.

This picture is taken from an overlook about .3 miles from where we parked. That is the destination of our hike. It's called Little Green Mountain, but as you can see, it's not so little.

This picture is from the top of Little Green looking back at where I took the first picture. Then we had to hike back!!

Here's a site where you can go to read a little about the area. http://www.ncwaterfalls.com/panther1.htm. We had hiked there before, but came from the other side and hiked to a couple of really awesome waterfalls. This time we wanted to get up on the cliffs. Very cool place. I highly recommend it.

Here's a couple more pictures.









Today it's raining, so I get to sew!!!


3 COMMENT:

Carrie P. said...

Quite a jog.

Unknown said...

Wilma, I can't seem to reply directly to your comment on my blog so I'll leave the link to the baby shoes here. http://family-centered.com/needleworks/soft-baby-shoes/ Thanks for stopping by.

Susan said...

Is that somewhere near Winston? I've seen some beautiful hills out that way!