Share |

Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Stimulus Package

We got a nice income tax refund, so I decided to splurge and bought this design wall from Nancy's Notions. It's 72x72. I didn't have a wall big enough for a bigger piece of flannel,(you can see my little space on the wall to the right) but this will surely be big enough, lol. What's nice is that is folds up into a little bag. Here's a pic. I am in the middle of cutting and sewing 2 projects, so don't mind the sewing area, it is a mess. I will have to take it down whenever I do a quilt on the superquilter as you can see it blocks it almost totally. But so far I love it!!! The birds on the wall are for a quilt for my great granddaughter who will be here in April. I loved this pattern from McCalls Quiltings latest edition.



8 COMMENT:

pollyanna said...

Oh I love your design board. I would love to have one when I need one. No space--to hang or to store! And I love those birds. They are just cute. Congratulations! Great stimulus!

Unknown said...

That is one great design wall. I know you will enjoy it, plus the fact that you can take it down!

Sarah said...

I love the birdies! I saw that pattern and loved it...can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Carrie P. said...

So glad you are helping our economy. I saw those little birds too. Cute!

Myra said...

That is so nice Wilma. Have fun with it!

Kim D. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Wilma.. I haven't had time to post lately I've been so busy with work and getting ready for the AZ Retreat. You'll have to join us one of these years. Your design wall looks great, enjoy it.

Jan said...

Your design wall looks very handy--I'm sure you will enjoy it! Love those birdies!

Bonnie said...

I like your design wall. You will love it they are so nice to play with. I can not believe you are going to be a great Grandma. Thanks for visiting my blog too.