Follow by Email

Monday, December 8, 2008

My Newly Found Clover Mini Iron and a Sweet Swap Wallhanging

I don't know if many of you have a Clover mini iron, but I just HAD to have one years ago when they first came out. I remember having to wait to get mine because they had so many orders, lol. Anyway, I had never used it in all these years. Last night, as I was working on small applique pieces for my December Quilter's Dozen, I remembered I had it. So I got it out, let it warm up for a LONG time (my biggest complaint had always been that it didn't get hot enough) , and lo and behold, it works great! What I like best is that unlike the regular iron, it doesn't make such a large area of "hotness" while I am pressing around the pieces. Maybe I will actually get my money's worth out of it!!



Of course the tiny iron rest that comes with it doesn't work well. Someone told me about a holder and after I looked at the picture I had Dave make me one. He did it in about 20 minutes. And he's not even handy, lol. Here's a picture. It works great. So now I am all set to applique up a storm.


I was in a swap with my ABC Quilters group. We were to make a 12-14" block and make it into a wallhanging. I got real lucky with having Naomi have my name. She made the cutest Christmas tree. I love it. Of course, here's a picture.



Now I must go and watch the Panthers beat (hopefully) Tampa Bay.


Til next time,




Only 168 more working days til I retire.

3 COMMENT:

Sarah said...

What a cute wallhanging...love it! Are those buttons sewn on as the ornaments??

Wilma NC said...

Sarah, the buttons are indeed sewn on as the ornaments and presents. Aren't they sweet?

karenfae said...

I have one of those little clover irons also but have rarely used it as it doesn't get hot enough. Did you have to heat yours for a long time to use it?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/