Share |

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My First Venture into the REAL Knitting World

I learned to knit when I was in Brownies (2nd grade) and never forgot how. But I had only ever made scarves and afgans with a straight knit and purl, never anything different. Well, I saw this scarf at the Morehouse Farm site and just had to purchase it, along with some of their really nice yarn. I didn't want to mess up the nice yarn, so I made a practice scarf using some old camo yarn I had laying around. It came out nice and actually looks like an alligator. I used much bigger needles than called for so it stretches too much when worn, but my hubby, Dave, loves it anyway. I have started on the "good" one and it will be much nicer.


I'm having fun with knitting, and maybe when the next scarf it done, I will try something else. It gives me something to do with my hands (other than eat!) while I'm watching TV and don't have any hand quilting work to do.


Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.


Til next time.


Almost forgot! Only 164 working days til I retire!

3 COMMENT:

Jan said...

What a cute scarf! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Myra said...

It does look like an alligator! My husband would love it. Thanks for visiting my blog and looking at my birdies. I hope you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas!

Corinna said...

Great Alligator Wilma! I also learned to knit as a youngster. I recieved some knitting needles for Christmas and it only took me about 5 mins to get back into it. So far I've made 2 and a half dish clothes and 2 inches of a doll scarf. lol