Share |

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

ABC Quilters, my other family

No quilting show and tell today. I want to tell you about an internet group called ABC Quilters which I have been in for quite some time. We started off as Quiltin Buddies but changed several years ago to the new name, ABC Quilters. There are usually about 20 of us, some come and some go, but the base stays pretty much the same. Once in a while though we get new members that fit right in, like Vicki and Wendy, who became part of the family right away.


2 of my sisters and I moderate the group, kinda. (It doesn't really need moderation.) Here's a picture of us. I refer to us as the fabulous Baker girls, lol. Left to right, Patty, Roma, and me.


Last year we had a retreat on Ohio. Most of us attended and we had a great time. We are planning on another next September and we all will be excited about it until the time comes. We now have 3 members from Scotland and hope that they can all come. 2 came last year, Betty and Robina, and we're hoping Wendy can come next time. We just sewed and ate, sewed and ate, lol. Here's a couple of pictures from that retreat, one of the group and one of 4 members who decided to dress alike, lol. Not really, just coincidence. The lady on the left, Eilleen, was one of our beloved members. She passed away last year due to cancer. We will always remember and miss her smiling face. I cry every time I think about her.



Lastly, here's a picture of all of us at the retreat. Such good memories. The first thing I do every morning is check my e-mail and read what they all have to say. What a great bunch of ladies. I think we will all stay together until we can't. Ya know? I love them all.


I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. I know I will. My son and DIL are coming for a few days, and the food is always awesome. I hope I can walk afterward, lol.


Until next time. ( Only 172 working days til I retire)


1 COMMENT:

Franie said...

Oh WOW this group I think I would be comfortable with--hope you don't mind me joining. I loved reading your blog. Loved seeing the pics too. Wonderful work Wilma.