Share |

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Feeling Guilty

I don't know why, but I feel guilty because I can't seem to keep up with posting in this blog. I have been on a quilting frenzy lately and have gotten alot accomplished though. I will try harder.


I took part in a personal challenge recently to make a self portrait, and came up with something I like. I am definitely NOT artsy so my quilt is called "Pieces of Me". It's weird, but my quilt LOOKS like I talk, lol. Kinda in bits and pieces. But I like the overall finished product. To explain it, the big AT is for the Appalachian Trail as we are avid hikers. The red cross: I'm a nurse. The infinity sign with D&W in the loops are for Dave and I (35 years!) The elderly logo: we live with old people, lol. Me on the mountain top: living in the mountains of NC. And the quilt in my hand, well... Sun: I am up before the sun every day. The corner symbols: Ecology, Peace, Ohio State ( I was born and raised in Ohio til 1991), and we also love to golf. That pretty much sums up all the parts of my life. Not to shabby when I think about it. Now I need to get it quilted and bound.
Today I am off work and trying to catch up on General Hospital while I make some heart blocks for Quilting Passion. Should be a good day.
Remember: All who wander are not lost.
wilmaNC
(2 years, 11 months and 2 weeks til I retire.)

3 COMMENT:

SandyQuilts said...

Hey Wilma ... glad to see you post. I like your little portrait ... neat ideas. Hope you can blog more often ... I know how life gets in the way. LOL

Jan said...

Glad to see you back! I missed you! Your little portrait quilt is so neat--thanks for sharing all the meanings of the symbols!

Debi said...

Great block Wilma. It is great to see you back again.