Share |

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lap Quilting done!!!

I finished the client quilt last evening. I am very pleased that it is finished, and that it came out really nice. I had visions of washing the quilt and having it come out in shreds, but it is warm and snuggly.

I hadn't hand quilted this much in a long time, so my fingers will take a little time to heal, as well as all the other pokes I got from from pins as I was wrestling with it. I started out keeping track of my time, but it took so long, and I picked it up every time I sat down, so it was difficult. I do know that I spent AT LEAST 60 hours on it. Without further ado...



I couldn't get a good picture of it all because I couldn't get far enough away. It's pretty big. The pillow cover is on the couch.

There were little blue marks left over from when the owner did the blocks in 1978, and when I wet them, they didn't come out, and I got worried. But after washing it, they were all removed, except for faint lines on the light part of the pillow cover .

Now on to my next project. And also to getting paid and buying my new mixer!!!!

edit: (While looking at the picture, I noticed that I missed an area to quilt, right above the house. I'm fixing that right now!!!! It will only take a little bit, hope my fingers don't yell too much, lol. )


Later,
WilmaNC

13 COMMENT:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Well done Wilma!

weidemama said...

Hello Wilma Thus, a large blanket and so beautifully made​​, hardworking, diligent!! Greetings from Wilma

Belinda said...

Oh Wilma! That is gorgeous! And so much word put into it. Congratulations on a job well done!

Vesuviusmama said...

Great job, Wilma!!

Brandie said...

Wonderful! They should be thrilled with your work. What color mixer are you going to buy?

Lucy said...

Congratulations on a fine job.
The quilting looks great.
I love all the colors too.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Great job, hope she is delighted!

Carrie P. said...

Wow! Wilma, you did a great job. I am sure the customer will be very pleased too.

DragonPoodle said...

Great job! Are you going to tell the recipient how long it took you?

Put up a photo of your mixer when you get it!

Diane Wild said...

Beautiful job, Wilma. And you hand quilted it. That's awesome. I hear you about the hours. You never really get paid enough. We do it because we love it, right?

Gari in AL said...

Excellent work. I am really impressed.

Anonymous said...

You did a fabulous job and they are so fortunate to take home this wonderful quilt. I'm jealous over the Kitchen Aid, but you earned it!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Ha! I didn't have to wait long. It is lovely!!!