Share |

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Before and after and a few finishes

Most of you know that I have been going to Weight Watchers since March. I love the program, and it has been working well for me. I eat plenty, and am losing weight at a nice steady pace. Thought I might show you a before and after. 38 pounds so far but I do still have about 20 pounds to go....


I made a set of the citrus coasters that I talked about. I did mine on machine though. They are so cute and bright.


And I wanted to make some mittens out of fleece to sell at the shop. I couldn't find any berber fleece (I have since ordered and received some), so I used some that I found at Hancocks.  I messed up the first pair by not adding a seam allowance, so they are a bit small, and if you notice I forgot to flip the logo, so the "N" is backwards (took me a long time to notice that, lol. ) Then I got to thinking that I might not be able to sell these because I'm not sure if the NC logo is a registered trademark, so I will finish these by putting in elastic around the band and adding buttons to the cuff, and give them to someone. They were good practice though.



I also made a few kleenex holders. These are so fun and easy. And they seem to be the best seller at the shop.


I am getting ready to go take my daily 2 mile walk, then go to my WW meeting. The rest of the day I plan to sew. I want to make some of the pumpkin coasters I made last year from a pattern at Brandie's blog.

Later,
WilmaNC

10 COMMENT:

Sheila said...

You look great!!!!!!!!!!!
Coasters, gloves and tissue covers, too :D

Roma said...

WOw you are melting away to nothing!! But I know you feel better.
Your coasters are yummy looking.
Like a breath of fresh air..

The mittens are cute too.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Fantastic job on the weight loss! Cute coasters and mittens.

Lucy said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. i know how hard it is to do and keep it off. I lost 30 lbs 20 years ago and have keept it off.
What all the goodies we miss.

Char said...

You look wonderful! Congratulations!

Marcia said...

You are looking HOT, Wilma...congratulations...wish I could do the same!
Love the coasters, gloves, etc...

Gari in AL said...

See, retirement is really great, you are looking younger and younger.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Wow, your weight loss is inspiring to me! Congrats!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The diet is obviously agreeing with you, well done. And I love the coasters and the mittens. Logos can be a pain, best to create something yourself to decorate the mittens.

black bear cabin said...

congrats on the weight loss...looking fabulous! :)