Share |

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More Pictures

I think this will be it for the pictures as I could post every day the reat of the year and still not show them all to you. I am anxious to get back to my "normal" life and routine. We finally got the yard back to order, it wasn't mowed for 3 weeks!!! And I actually sewed a little yesterday making lotto blocks for July.

So, here's more pictures:

Dave and I walking on the beach for the first time. Love the Pacific Ocean. It's such a pretty blue, and the shoreline is beautiful. The NC beaches are lined with solid condos and very little public access.



Graumann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.



At Laguna Beach. The little kid just ran over to me. Dave said it was my new family, lol. I thought that tree was interesting.

Dave and I at Laguna Beach.



Sunset at Laguna Beach.  It was so exciting and vibrant there. Lots of people to watch. I had my first gelato, OMG!!! Was it ever good!! And we ate at a Chipolte's. We need one of those in Asheville for sure.


Dave and Jack on a rock at Torrey Pines State Beach. Getting to the rock is when Dave got drenched by a wave and had forgotten his cell phone was in his pocket. That was the last she wrote for the cell phone, lol.

Another beach pic of us.


Vista at Yosemite. It was in the 90's but there was still snow on top of the mountains. On the hike we took we had to scramble over a lot of snow that hadn't melted yet. I was afraid we would lose the trail but Jack got us there safely, and back!!


Had to go down into the Valley to see the touristy stuff too. This is Lower Yosemite Falls.


And the last place we visited was Sequoia National Forest. Hiked about 3 miles there. Makes a person feel like a Hobbit in the forest of the Ents.

Pic of Dave and I by a fallen tree with an opening to walk through.


Jack by a big "ol tree. The forest was just full of them, each one bigger than the last.

Another of Jack by a tree.

We left for home the next day, taking 5 days to get here. We wanted to stop and see the Meteor Crater near Flagstaff, but it was raining so hard we had to pass it by.

This trip was so much fun. I so enjoyed spending time with both Dave and Jack. I will have these memories forever.

Next year Jack wants us to fly out to LA. Then we would rent a car and drive up the coast, stopping in San Francisco, go up to Oregon, then to Seattle. We would fly home from there.

Dave and I are actually thinking of maybe moving to California in a few years. I loved the San Diego area, and can see myself taking my daily walks on the beach. Who knows.

Later,
WilmaNC

8 COMMENT:

quilter000 said...

I really like the photo of the three of you a very good one. Those trees are huge!!!

Patty

Vesuviusmama said...

Wonderful photos! I remember visiting the Sequoia National Park as a kid and being in AWE. Can't wait to take my own kids.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a great visit. Aren't those trees just amazing!

Lucy said...

The pictures are great. Can't comprehend such hugh trees. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Gari in AL said...

You guys had way too much fun. Welcome home.

Sarah and Jack said...

Those trees are AMAZING!

Belinda said...

What a wonderful time you had! The pictures prove it. :) Thanks for sharing your trip with us Wilma!

Rosa-Munda said...

What a great place to visit! I've never seen a tree that large! Ros x