Share |

Monday, October 11, 2010

Frugal? Or cheap??

A while back my husband and I decided that we had enough clothes in our closets to last us the rest of our lives. Excepting socks and underwear, we are trying to see how long we can go without buying any clothing. So far so good.

But the other day, I went to put on one of my most comfortable t-shirts and discovered I had gotten grease stains on the front. Didn't want to throw it away, so here's what I did. There are the grease stains, right on the front!!



I found a cat design I had used for some blocks and applied wonder under. Then ironed it to the front of the shirt.



Then I machine appliqued it in place.



And now I have a shirt that's like new!!



Did the picture with the timer, and at the last second I realized that I hadn't put on my bra yet, hence the pulling out of the shirt, lol.

I love this shirt.

Later,
wilmaNC

6 COMMENT:

Kristie said...

Great idea! Most of my "everyday" shirts have grease stains so that would be great to cover them up. I never wear anything good to cook in because I always get stains on it.
Kristie

Myra said...

I think this is a fabulous idea Wilma. I have some favorite shirts I will have to try this on.

Gari in AL said...

Frugal, for sure. I either applique or embroider over stains all the time. I really hate to give up shirts I really like. And I love yours.

Gari in AL said...

Frugal, for sure. I either applique or embroider over stains all the time. I really hate to give up shirts I really like. And I love yours.

Vesuviusmama said...

Wonderful idea! And I'm laughing about the no bra shirt pulled away from body!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Too funny about having to pull the shirt out for the photo op! ha!