Share |

Friday, May 14, 2010

Downy's Quilts for Kids

I found out about this from a blog, and I can't remember which one.


Anyway, Downy Fabric Softener is doing a large charitable project called Quilts for Kids. You sign up to volunteer to make a quilt, and they send you the fabric (already cut) for everything but the batting and binding. It is a really cool endeavor.( I signed up and then asked for 2 kits so my sister could do one. Then I find out my sister already did this and never bothered to ask me about it. Go figure. So now I have 2 small quilts to make.) They also send you the pattern. The fabrics are really nice too.


They would like you to have them done and returned in 4-6 weeks. I think this is doable. So now you know what I will be working on for the next bit. So, if you have a little time....

Later,
WilmaNC

5 COMMENT:

Barbara Ann Beamer Jones said...

Wilma,

I have a kit, too! I'll be sewing on it as lenders & enders between other projects - hopefully, I can finish it soon!

Bonnie said...

I just signed up too. I got a notice it has been mailed.

Lynn W. said...

Have fun. I've done one and will do more once I get the NICU quilts caught up with the current population.

Karen said...

Enjoy making the quilts. I made three of them and got an email thanking me for them. It is such a great idea.
Karen L.

quilter000 said...

Well Sister no one said a thing to me on this. I may have to do one . But will see first what is on my agenda. Nice colors you got for them. PP