Share |

Monday, October 19, 2009

Design Wall Monday

OK. Here's what is on my design wall. I have had the song "Blackbird" by McCartney/Lennon in my head for a while, purchased the sheet music to play on my psaltery, then made these blackbird blocks. I need more of the blue fabric though.

Also, here's a seat cushion with hanging sides that is used for retreats, classes etc. A friend of mine (Lura Romei) designed this, and almost all of us in her group made one. It is really nice, and not too hard.I got the prequilted fabric from Joann's with the 50%off, so it was also fairly reasonably priced.

Now we're off to the beach for a couple of days. Taking MIL along, she hasn't been on a trip for at least 10 years, so with FIL in the nursing home, she can finally go. Hope she has a good time.

Later,
WilmaNC



3 COMMENT:

Unknown said...

I really like your seat cover. You chose some really pretty quilted fabric. Is that pattern readily accessible or can you point me to a site to purchase? Your birds are looking very nice.

Myra said...

Blackbird calling in the dead of night....Love the blackbird blocks. I have never seen that pattern before. The seat cover is neat!

Jan said...

Love your seat cushion---the fabric is so pretty! I have never seen the blackbird block---it is really neat--thanks for sharing!