Share |

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Couple of Finishes

Well, almost...

I got the Tall Tree pieced and layered for quilting. It will be so cool!! About 7 feet tall.Of course the picture is crooked, lol. The x blocks on the side are my entries in the Block Lotto this month.


This is the first quilt I have had to pin in a long time, but it's almost done. I just have to close all the pins, which brings me to this neat gadget my sister gave me several years ago. A pin closer!!! It sure comes in handy. It definitely saves the fingers.


I did finish another small quilt. These swirl trees were very popular a couple of years ago and I have had the appliqué done for that long. So this week I got 'er done!! I absolutely love this quilt. Its about 2x3 feet. The background is really white with a silvery sheen and the prints also have a bit of silver in them. The colors just don't show as well when the sun doesn't shine.



Got my flu shot today so I have a sore-ish arm. And went to REI just to remind myself how I love their stuff but can't afford it. :)

Hope you all have a great day.

My next post will be my 300th. Might just have to have a little giveaway. So if you like free stuff, come back next week.

WilmaNC



5 COMMENT:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Love both the trees!

Lucy said...

Love the swirl tree. I click on picture
and it is beautiful material.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love that tall tree pattern. I have one of those swirl tree kits somewhere (?), very pretty.

quilter000 said...

Well finally I can see the comment box. Love the trees they are both awesome. Well done Wilma
Hugs Patty

Anonymous said...

Both trees are terrific. The swirl trees are sill popular here in TN. I keep thinking about doing one, but not yet. Your fabric on yours might be what convinces me. =)